I am a computer scientist and full-stack software developer located in Ankara, Turkey. I have 10+ years of development experience ranging from ordinary desktop and web applications to cutting-edge research projects. I am currently working at SRDC Ltd. as a senior researcher and project manager. I am an Apache committer and a member of the Project Management Committee (PMC) of the Apache Stanbol project. I contribute to the standardisation activities and currently a member of the technical and planning committees of IHE Quality, Research and Public Health Domain (QRPH).
I received my PhD degree from the Department of Computer Engineering, Middle East Technical University in 2014. My (still-growing) research areas can be listed as follows:
- Databases, indexing and query processing: graph databases, document databases, semantic indexing, semantic search
- Semantic web and Linked Data: named entity recognition, knowledge representation, entity linking, inference engines (reasoners), recommendation systems
- Interoperability: service oriented architectures (SOA), interoperability standards, conformance and interoperability testing
- Big data analytics: distributed systems, big data technology stack, statistical inference, machine learning
- eHealth: clinical research informatics, biomedical informatics, clinical decision support systems, automated clinical guidelines
- eBusiness: business innovation, electronic document standards, document and process interoperability
I have actively worked for many large scale R&D projects at different stages such as creating ideas/innovation, compiling the project proposals and leading scientific and technical developments. I authored many papers published in peer-reviewed journals and conferences. Complete list of my publications is here.